1. applicability of swiss data protection law
e-Forster Home AG is subject to swiss data protection law.
2. how do we protect your personal data?
We have technical and organizational security procedures in place to maintain the security of your personal data and to protect your session data and personal data against unauthorized or unlawful processing and/or against accidental loss, alteration, disclosure or access. However, you should always be aware that there are certain security risks associated with transmitting information via the Internet and other electronic means and that we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted in this manner.
3. What rights do you have with regard to your personal data?
You have the right to assert your data protection rights at any time and to receive information about your stored personal data, to correct or supplement your personal data, to object to the processing of your personal data or to request the deletion of your personal data. You will find the contact options in section 4 below. We reserve the right to correspond with you electronically (in particular by e-mail) in this context.
4. How can you contact us?
If you wish to exercise your rights with regard to your personal data or have questions or concerns about the processing of our personal data, you can contact us as follows: /information/contactinformation. We will endeavor to respond to your questions or concerns promptly upon receipt.
5. Who is responsible for data collection?
The responsible party for obtaining and processing the data is e-Forster Home AG.
6. When do we collect personal data?
We collect your personal data whenever we have contact with you. The situations in which we have contact with you are varied. For example, we collect your Personal Data in the following circumstances:via
- you purchase our goods or services through our internet sites;you use a service from our customer service department;
- you register a good or service purchased from us;
- you order and use one of our loyalty cards or loyalty cards;
- you receive a newsletter or other advertising about our goods and services;
- You participate in a contest or sweepstakes;You become a member of one of our customer loyalty programs;
- You participate in one of our market research campaigns or opinion surveys;
- You use or communicate with us or third parties via our Internet sites, apps for mobile devices or offers on Internet platforms, multimedia portals or social networks;
- You communicate with us via telephone, fax, e-mail, voice messages, text messages (SMS), picture messages (MMS), video messages or instant messaging;
- Your cell phone connects to the WLAN provided by us in our offices;
- You contact us on special occasions such as events, promotional events, sponsorship events or cultural and sporting events.
7. What personal data do we collect?
The personal data collected are equally diverse. On the one hand, we collect personal data that you provide to us. On the other hand, we collect personal data that is automatically or manually collected during your contact with us, such as:
- Last name and first name;
- Birthday and age;
- Residential address;
- Household size;
- Purchasing habits;
- Purchasing power information;
- Customer and shopping preferences;
- Shipping address;
- Billing address;
- Credit card and account information;
- Language preferences;
- Phone number(s);
- Email address(es);
- Identification numbers of your technical devices;
- Customer and loyalty card numbers;
- Subscribed newsletter or other advertising information;
- Consent to receive advertising;
- Online customer account information (including opening date, usernames, profile pictures);
- Memberships within our business unit;
Customer activity data
- Contract data (including contract date, contract type, contract content; contracting party; contract term; contract value; claims asserted under contract);
- Purchasing information (including purchase date; purchase location; purchase time; type, quantity and value of goods and services purchased; shopping cart; abandoned shopping cart; means of payment used; payment point; purchase history);
- Customer service information (including returns of goods, complaints, warranty cases, delivery information);
- Session data with regard to visits to our Internet sites, apps for mobile devices or offers on Internet platforms, multimedia portals or social networks (including duration and frequency of visits, language and country preferences, browser and computer operating system information, Internet protocol addresses, search terms and search results; ratings given);
- location-based data when using mobile devices;
- information about accumulated loyalty points for customer and loyalty cards;
- communications via telephone, facsimile, email, voice messages, text messages (SMS), picture messages (MMS), video messages or instant messaging;
8. Why do we process personal data?
We process your personal data for different purposes. These purposes can be grouped into different categories. Specifically, we may process all or part of your personal data for one or more of the following purposes:
8.1 Processing purposes in connection with our goods and service offerings
- Provision and sale of our goods and services;
- Processing of orders and contracts, including dispatch of order and dispatch confirmations, delivery confirmations, delivery and invoicing;
- Organizing and conducting customer service activities;
- Organizing and conducting loyalty card or loyalty card programs;
- Organizing and conducting market research and opinion surveys;
- Verifying customer creditworthiness.
8.2 Processing purposes related to customer communications
- Providing, administering and conducting customer communications by mail and via electronic communications;
.- business communication by mail and via telephone, fax, e-mail, voice messages, text messages (SMS), picture messages (MMS), video messages or instant messaging;
- evaluation of the use of our offers via telephone, fax, e-mail, voice messages, text messages (SMS), picture messages (MMS) or instant messaging such as: Type of use, frequency and duration of use, exact location of use.
8.3 Processing purposes in connection with special activities and occasions
- Organization and implementation of competitions or sweepstakes, including notification and publication of winners via our Internet pages, apps for mobile devices or our offers on Internet platforms, multimedia portals or social networks;
- Organization and implementation of special occasions such as events, promotional events, sponsorship events, cultural and sporting events.
8.4 Processing purposes in connection with the analysis of customer behavior
- Individualized and personal or anonymous and group-related recording and evaluation of historical and current customer and purchasing behavior when using the offers on our Internet sites, apps for mobile devices or on Internet platforms, multimedia portals or social networks;
- Individualized and person-related or anonymous and group-related recognition, classification and analysis of current and potential customer needs and customer interests;
- Individualized and person-related or anonymous and group-related anonymous and group-related classification and analysis of customer behavior and customer potential;
- statistical evaluation of customer behavior based on anonymized customer data;
9.2 What cookies do we use?
Most of the cookies we use are automatically deleted from your computer or mobile device at the end of the browser session (so-called session cookies). For example, we use session cookies to store your country and language preferences and your shopping cart across different pages of an Internet session.
In addition, we also use temporary or permanent cookies. These remain stored on your computer or mobile device after the end of the browser session. During a further visit to one of our Internet pages, it is then automatically recognized which inputs and settings you prefer. Depending on the type of cookie, these temporary or permanent cookies remain stored on your computer or mobile device for between one month and ten years and are automatically deactivated after the programmed time has elapsed. They serve to make our Internet pages more user-friendly, effective and secure. Thanks to these cookies, you will, for example, receive information on the page specifically tailored to your interests.
The cookies stored on your computer or mobile device may also come from partner companies under certain circumstances. The cookies from partner companies remain stored on your computer or mobile device for between one month and ten years and are automatically deactivated after the programmed time has elapsed.
9.3 What data is stored in the cookies?
No personal data is stored in the cookies we use. The cookies we use cannot be assigned to a specific person. When a cookie is activated, it is assigned an identification number.
9.4 How can you prevent cookies from being stored?
Most Internet browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can instruct your browser not to accept cookies or to prompt you each time before accepting a cookie from an Internet site you visit. You can also delete cookies from your computer or mobile device by using the appropriate feature of your browser. If you choose not to accept our cookies or the cookies of our affiliates, you will not see certain information on our Internet sites and will not be able to use some features designed to enhance your visit.
10. How do we use log files?
Whenever you access our Internet pages, your Internet browser transmits certain usage data to us for technical reasons and stores it in log files, the so-called log files. These are the following usage data: Date and time of access to our Internet site; name of the Internet site accessed; IP address of your computer or mobile device; address of the Internet site from which you came to our Internet site; amount of data transferred, as well as the name and version of your browser.
The analysis of the log files helps us to further improve our Internet offerings and make them more user-friendly, to find and correct errors more quickly, and to control server capacities. Based on the log files, we can determine, for example, at what time the use of our Internet offers is particularly popular and provide appropriate data volume to ensure you the best possible use.
11. How do we use web analysis tools?
In order to constantly improve and optimize our Internet offer, we use so-called tracking technologies. Web analysis tools provide us with statistics and graphics that give us information about the use of our Internet pages. In the process, data about the use of an Internet page is transmitted to the server used for this purpose. Depending on the provider of a web analysis tool, these servers may be located abroad. For the most commonly used web analysis tool, Google Analytics, this data is transmitted including shortened IP addresses, which prevents the identification of individual devices. Google complies with the data protection provisions of the "Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield" agreement and has registered with the U.S. Department of Commerce for the "Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield" (information on the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield can be found at https://www.privacyshield.gov/Swiss-US-Privacy-Shield-FAQs). The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with any other data held by Google. A transfer of this data by Google to third parties only takes place on the basis of legal regulations or within the framework of order data processing.
can prevent the collection of data generated by cookies and related to your use of the Internet site (including your IP address) to Google and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at the following link (http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout). For more information on Google Analytics and data protection, please visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout or http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/privacyoverview.html.
12. How do we use social plugins?
Our Internet pages use social plugins, e.g. from Facebook, Twitter or Google+. The plugins are marked with the logo of the provider and can be, for example, "Like" buttons or a Twitter button or Google+ button.
When you call up our Internet pages that contain such a plugin, your browser establishes a direct connection with the computers of the provider. The content of the plugin is transmitted by the offering site directly to your browser and integrated by it into the Internet page. By integrating the plugins, the provider receives the information that you have accessed our Internet page. If you are logged in to the provider at the same time, the provider can assign the visit to your profile. If you interact with the plugins - for example, by clicking the "Like" button or posting a comment - the corresponding information is transmitted directly from your browser to the provider and stored there.
If you do not want the provider to collect data about you via our Internet site, you must log out of the provider before visiting our Internet site. Even when logged out, the providers collect data anonymously via the social plugins and set you a cookie. If you log in to the provider at a later time, this data can be assigned to your profile.
If a login is offered via a social login service - e.g. Facebook Connect - data is exchanged between the provider and our website. In the case of Facebook Connect, this may be data from your public Facebook profile, for example. By using such login services, you consent to the transfer of data.
Please refer to the privacy policies of the providers for the purpose and scope of data collection and further processing of your data by the provider, as well as your rights in this regard and settings options for protecting your privacy.
- Facebook Ireland Ltd. or. Facebook Inc.: http://de-de.facebook.com/policy.php
- Google Inc.: http://www.google.de/intl/de/privacy/plusone/
- Twitter Inc.: http://twitter.com/privacy
If you do not want the providers to collect data about you via these cookies, you can select the "Block third-party cookies" function in your browser settings. Then the browser will not send cookies to the server for embedded content from other providers. With this setting, other functions of our Internet site may no longer work.
13. How do we use embedded videos